Who We Are
Lovify Inc is the go to ecommerce website for sexaual lifestyle and wellness products with strategic distribution locations throughout the Unites States. The business operates out of Boulder CO.
Lovify is a "Data Controller", a legal term which means we make decisions regarding how and why we collect and use your Personal Data. As the "Data Controller" we are responsible for ensuring that your Personal Information is only used for the purposes for which it was originally collected and in compliance with all applicable data protection laws. We are also responsible for ensuring that any third party that we authorize to process the data on our behalf, known as "Data Processors", also follow these standards and use the data only for these same reasons.
The data collected is to ensure the best possible experience offered to Lovify customers along with how Lovify can continually improve website and mobile app functionality.
You may also write to us at the following address:
1942 Broadway Street
This Policy should be read in conjunction with all the Lovify Website Terms and Conditions.
Privacy & Security
- Purpose of this policy
This Policy covers Lovify and its affiliated Partners. It explains the Legal Basis that Lovify has in processing your Personal Data, how and what data we collect about you and what we do with that data. This policy will also inform you of your data privacy rights and how you can exercise those rights.
In this policy, when we talk about "Personal Data", we are referring to any information that relates to you; such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number etc.
When we talk about the Lovify Platform we mean the Lovify websites, www.golovify.com and Lovify mobile application.
For specific information about Privacy Shield, See Section L below.
- The data we collect from you and how we collect that data
We collect Personal Information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you use our Platform, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, fill out product reviews, update or add information to your account, participate in a community board discussion chat, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
The provision of Personal Information is voluntary, but may be necessary in order to use our Services, such as setting up an account, conducting a transaction, commenting on a blog post or reviewing a product.
- Personal Information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- Name, telephone number, email address, mailing address, billing and other information used to process an order and send you the items you purchased. If needed, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates) can be provided as well.
- You may also provide us with other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in blog posts, community discussions, and chats, or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our Services.
- You may provide us with your name and contact information when you register for an event at a tradeshow.
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
- PLEASE NOTE Lovify does not collect credit card or other financial information from you during the transaction from our website; that information is collected directly by our trusted third party payment processing partners known as a secure online merchant. On occasion, for some international customers Lovify will require bank account information.
PLEASE NOTE: If you give us Personal Information about someone else, including pictures of them, photos they took or anyone randomly took, their name, their e-mail address, etc., on our social media Platforms, e-views and comments on our websites, you agree you have that person's consent to provide us with that information. You should direct them to this policy, so that they are informed about how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their Personal Information. Please see our website user agreement for how we may use and retain any content submitted to us.
Personal Information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- We collect information about your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising and a unique device token.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URLs, ad data, your IP address and locations, your browsing activity, history and your web log information.
Personal Information we collect using cookies and similar technologies
- For more information about our use of these technologies, and how to control them, see section on Cookies (Section I).
Personal Information we collect from third parties
On occasion we might collect Personal Information from third parties such as tradeshows or email lists to market our products and services to you. This information is usually limited to name, email address and, rarely, mailing addresses.
- Linking to External Websites
- Your personal data rights
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), residents and nationals of the EEU have the following data rights:
- Right to be informed: You have a right to know how and what Personal Data we collect from you and what we use it for. You will find that information in this policy.
- Right to request access: You have the right to request access to the Personal Data held about you, to obtain confirmation that it is being processed, and to obtain certain prescribed information about how we process it.
- Right to object applies to the processing of your Personal Data where it is based on Legitimate Interests and where your data is processed for direct marketing or processed for the purposes of collating statistical information.
- Right to restrict processing or 'block' the use of your Personal Data, for instance where you believe your Personal Data is not accurate (until the accuracy can be verified).
- Right to Erasure: The right to have your Personal Data erased, also known as the "right to be forgotten", enables you to request the deletion or removal of Personal Data where there is no compelling reason for its continued use. Requests for erasure may be refused in some circumstances such as where the Personal Data must be retained to comply with a legal obligation or to exercise or defend legal claims.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request to have your Personal Data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete Personal Data completed in certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability allows you to obtain and reuse your Personal Data for your own purposes across different services; to move copy or transfer your Personal Data easily from one environment to another in a safe and secure way without hindrance to usability.
You may exercise your rights in relation to automated decision making in circumstances which have a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you. This right allows individuals in certain circumstances to access certain safeguards against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is taken solely without human intervention. In specific instances, you have the right to request human intervention and an explanation of the automated decision, and you may be able to challenge that decision.
If you are a resident or national of the European Economic Area (EEA) and would like to exercise your individual data subject access rights, please contact our Compliance team using the details at the top of this policy.
- California Personal Data rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive: (a) information identifying all third-party companies to whom Lovify may have disclosed, within the past year, Personal Information pertaining to you and your family for that company's direct marketing purposes; and (b) a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed. To obtain this information, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Legal basis for collecting and processing data
As part of our GDPR compliance program, we would like to inform our customers about the legal reasons why we collect your Personal and Sensitive information. We collect and process your Personal Information for a range of different business and legal purposes. The following is detail of how and according to which Legal Basis we use your Personal Information.
- Processing necessary to fulfil a sales order/contract and provision of services
We use your Personal Information to fulfil sales and provide you with our Services. This includes the following:
- To manage your registration as a user on the Lovify Platform. This helps us identify you as a Platform user, and offers you access to different functionalities, and a better experience.
- To complete business transactions and fulfil orders online, including providing your Personal Information to our partners for shipping and tracking requirements.
- To process payments. We do not store or capture any credit card information. This information is collected directly by our payment processing partners also known as secure online merchants. Since this information is collected from our site and from you, our customer, we would like to inform you about its collection.
- To provide you with the best quality of customer service via our chat, email and phone lines.
- To provide you with services related to the warranty of your purchase, usually provided through our warranty partners or sometimes directly from the manufacturer of your purchased product.
- To provide you with important information about your purchased product including any updates or other manufacturer notices.
- To ask you to review your purchase, your experience on our Platform and review us as a company.
- To update, confirm and inform you about events you may have registered for, held in our stores, event spaces or virtually on our websites.
- To detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraud, or other criminal or potentially prohibited activities.
- Processing necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations:
We may use your Personal Information to comply with our local laws and regulations, including:
- To comply with all relevant tax and financial reporting requirements and regulations.
- To comply with all legal proceedings.
- To deal with requests from you to exercise your Data Subject access rights.
- To process information regarding a crime or offence and support associated proceedings.
- To monitor activities and safeguard your welfare on our Platform and premises.
- To protect you, ourselves and our employees through appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed a criminal act or are in breach of their legal obligations.
- Processing based on our Legitimate Interests:
We may use your Personal Data to pursue our Legitimate Interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh those interests. We have implemented controls to balance our interests with your rights. Our use of your Personal Data for our Legitimate Interest includes:
- Improving our services; for example, reviewing information associated with nonfunctioning pages or links, so that we can fix them and give you the best usability experience on our Platform.
- Personalize, measure and improve our advertising based on your activities and/or location on our Platform.
- Contact you view email, push notifications on your browser and mobile app and by SMS/text message to offer you information about your purchased products, our products, sales, offers and services.
- Measure the performance of our marketing campaigns; for example, analyzing the open and click rates of an email campaign.
- To provide you with the best possible online shopping experience, we may combine the information you provide us online, at our trade shows and in our app to improve your overall shopping experience; for example, analyzing browsing behavior to create a better navigation menu so that you need less clicks to get to your product of choice. Less click to make the purchase and a seamless way to continually buy your favorite products.
- Contact you by email, telephone or SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as push notifications etc., regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including Platform security updates, coding updates to fix bugs, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To respond to your posts, comments and provide customer service on our Platform and other social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram.
- To provide customer service to you via chat and email.
- To measure the performance of our customer service associates.
- To verify product and customer experience reviews left on the Lovify US website to provide a forthright assessment of our services and merchandise.
- For the internal management and audit of business operations and financials.
- Processing based on Consent
With your consent, we may use your Personal Information to:
- Provide you with marketing via email, SMS/Text message and push notifications on your browser and through our mobile application.
- Provide you with targeted advertisements from other parties while you are experiencing our Platform.
- Provide you with targeted advertisements on third party websites, including our advertisements and those of third parties.
- Allow select partners to profile your activities on our Platform so that you can have a better experience on our, their and other third party websites.
- Host educational, demonstrations and other events in event spaces, trade shows and online on our website.
Our partners may use automated profiling technologies for purposes of serving you more relevant ads and improving your browsing experience.
- How and when you can withdraw consent
Data Subjects who are residents and nationals of EEU region are covered by GDPR, and can withdraw consent from Lovify at any time.
- Email Marketing
For email marketing and communications, please visit our Email preferences page in your profile which can be accessed from the 'My Account' menu on the top of any page on our Platform. You can also unsubscribe using the links at the bottom of any of our emails to you.
If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization programs, you can opt out by unchecking the appropriate cookies on our Cookie preferences page. We do not allow third parties to track or collect your Personal Information on our sites for their own advertising purposes without your consent.
Please note that you can disable all cookies from your browser settings. However, our websites require cookies to function and disabling all cookies will limit functionality of the Lovify website, including actions like adding products to a cart, search, sorting and checkout etc.
At this time only customers assessing our Platform from EEU regions and from Canada can withdraw consent.
- Push Notifications
You can configure settings for Push Notifications in your web browser settings for the websites and on the application settings for the mobile app.
You can also contact us directly at email@example.com should you have a question or need more information.
- Lovify cookies
- What is a Cookie
A Cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your PC, telephone or any other device accessing our website, with information about your navigation on that website. Cookies are necessary to facilitate browsing and to make it more user-friendly. They do not damage your computer and are never used to store your sensitive Personal Information.
The purpose of using cookies is to improve your web browsing and usability experience, enhance site and app security, and for marketing and promotional purposes. Cookies allow us to remember your preferences (like preferred language, location and country), estimate patterns of use, and provide improved search results. We also collect certain technical information from your computer, like your IP address and the address of a referring web site, if any. This information will allow us to enhance our site experience to match your preferences. This information is used only for the benefit of Lovify, our authorized Partners and you, our loyal appreciated customer.
- Types of Cookies on our Platform
There are several types of cookies that we may use on our site. These are constantly changing while we monitor and upgrade our site.
- First Party Cookies: These Cookies are set exclusively by us. We use both session and persistent Cookies.
- Third Party Cookies: These Cookies are set by our service providers at our request while on our Platform. They may be Session or Persistent cookies. These are cookies that sit out on our Platform and are managed by third parties at our request, to provide services and improve the customer browsing experience. They may also be used to detect and prevent fraudulent activity. These cookies collect data about your activities while on our Platform and may be used to enhance the setting party's datasets. They can be used to serve advertising to you on our Platform and other websites.
We do not permit any third-party content on our Platform with the exception of our authorized service providers. If you have a concern about our, or our authorized third-party service providers Personal Data collection, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Purposes for our Cookies:
- Essential Website Operations: these technologies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available on our Platform, and to use its features such as adding products to a cart, form submissions, video playback, search and sort etc. Turning these off would result in limited functionality being available on our Platform.
- Performance and Functionality: these technologies are used to enhance the functionality of our Platform but are not critical to their use. We recommend you use them, since that would give you the best experience of our Platform.
- Analytics: these Cookies collect information that is used in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites are being used and to help us improve our Platform and provide you with a better experience.
- Advertising: these are technologies which help us make advertising messages more relevant to you. They collect behavioral information about your activities on our Platform and perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously appearing, ensuring ads are properly displayed and, in some cases, relevant to your interests. These cookies may be used to serve ads for our products or products of third parties on our, or third party websites.
- Managing your Cookie consent and preferences
You have the ability to opt out of the use of our Cookies. Please visit our Cookie Preference Page where you can manage your preferences for the types of Cookies listed above.
Should you wish to turn off all Cookies, you may do so in your browser's settings.
- Relationships and Sharing Information
Lovify maintains special relationships with a select number of authorized business partners. For your security or benefit, we may share information about you and your transactions with other companies for many reasons, including verification, fraud prevention, government policy compliance, order fulfilment and warranty purposes. We also may be required to disclose an individual's Personal Information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
With your consent, Lovify shares your information with our marketing partners who serve advertising, send emails and push notifications, and marketing materials on our behalf.
For more information about the companies with whom Lovify shares customer information, please contact us using the details at the top of this policy.
- International Transfers of Information
While Lovify has global reach offering products through our website, we do not transfer or store Personal Information across geographical borders, unless it is requested by you, required for the fulfillment of a sale, the provision of services, or requested by a governing authority.
- Privacy Shield Frameworks
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Lovify is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, EU and Swiss individuals have the right to obtain our confirmation of whether we maintain personal information relating to you in the United States. Upon request, we will provide you with access to the personal information that we hold about you. You may also correct, amend, or delete the personal information we hold about you. An individual who seeks access to, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data transferred to the United States under Privacy Shield, should direct their query to email@example.com. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
We will also provide an individual opt-out or opt-in choice before we share your data with third parties other than our agents, or before we use it for a purpose other than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. To request to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lovify's accountability for personal data that it receives in the United States under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, Lovify remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless Lovify proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Lovify commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. European Union and Swiss individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact Lovify at:
Lovify Legal Department
1942 Broadway Street
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lovify has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction .